The Benefits of a Learning Management System
Posted by admin , on Jan, 2015
An online learning management system can allow your company to increase the impact of your learning programs and link them to your intended business results. Here are five benefits of a learning management system companies use:
1. Track Progress and Centralize Content:Your team can learn which users are registered for which courses and ensure each program is complete. You can also have access to training using centralized content on a single platform allowing for virtual or on-the-job training. Learning can be individual or social.
2. Leverage Other Tools and Measure Effectiveness: Social tools can be paired with Yammer, Twitter, and YouTube and embedded within the portal. You can then measure how effective your programs are using a number of tools such as surveys and tracking of modified workplace behaviors.
3. Ease of Use: Ease of use will allow employees to participate and acquire needed training using a robust learning management system. You can have staff training even outside of the company and create sub-portals for internal and external users. You can customize features to improve the learner experience so it suits your needs and culture. This makes it easier for you to meet your business objectives. Sub-portals can be individualized in order to have its own interface, content, administrative controls, and workflow configurations.
4. Talent Management: You can increase the effectiveness of your training and link them to your business results in order to maximize your talent management. You can better understand your talent and what they need to enhance their performance by combining their experience, skills and competencies and match them to their career goals in order to anticipate their learning requirements and then align them in order to improve performance and meet their own personal goals. You can then take it to the next level by combining the employee’s aspirations and needs in order to align with your business objectives.
5. Succession Planning: It is easy to accelerate programs in order to get moving on succession plans. By combining efforts you can use the program for new hires and plan their learning based on the company’s needs and where you see the employee going. You can fast track careers without the longer, higher demanding grooming process. You can transfer knowledge of leaders into the content for more effective training using actual experience within the business to fast track careers.
The learning management system Houston companies use is an excellent tool to increase the performance of your training program and in turn your employees. It will improve compliance and allow you to track employees’ progress while allowing you to prepare your team for future growth and ongoing changes.