When it comes to getting a good education for your children, many parents today are bucking the more traditional methods and looking into a Montessori School in Oceanside CA, instead. Today’s schools have become so structured that kids don’t get very much playtime in to learn. No playtime and all learning can quickly turn a child off learning and turn their focus somewhere else instead.
If you are trying to decide if attending a montessori school in Oceanside CA, is the right choice for your child, read on below for a few of the pros and cons to help you decide.
The Pros of Montessori
There are of course many advantages to sending your child to a Montessori school. You can read on below for a few of them.
1. Children learn at their own pace, by playing, instead of adhering to a focused curriculum
2. Hands-on learning and exploring are greatly encouraged.
3. Teachers have to be specially trained in the Montessori Method before they are allowed to teach the children
4. This type of education is not reward based as in schools where students receive grades and awards.
5. There is no testing; the students and teachers keep portfolios instead
6. You learn through using all five senses, which is a core reason to choose this method of teaching.
7. Typically, classes are held five days a week, even in preschool
8. Homework is never given to be just busy work for the student
The Cons of Montessori
There are of course disadvantages to choosing the Montessori Method as well. These are listed below.
1. Many public schools do not offer this method of teaching, so you may have to opt for private school, which can have steep tuition.
2. Not all parents approve of the no structured learning system, and feel that all play isn’t the best way for their child to learn.
These are just a few of the pros and cons you will want to consider when deciding whether to use the Montessori Method for teaching your child. You can visit Peppertree Montessori for more information today. You should weigh the pros and cons carefully, and then make your decision based on your research.