Installing a new roof is one of the most important home renovation projects you can undertake. Besides the fact that a new roof protects your house from water damage and keeps everything out of the harm of harsh weather, a new roof will get you better insurance premiums and appreciate the home’s resale value. However, it is important to note the difference between situations that need you to install a new roof altogether and one where simple repairs will be enough. Here are some tips that will be useful when it comes to roof installation in Hanover, MD.
When to install a new roof
There are several things that should be an indicator that your home desperately needs a new roof. These include:
1. If there are many missing shingles on the roof, or if the number of loose shingles is too many for a simple replacement
2. When there are holes and cracks through which moisture is getting into the house
3. If there are damages to the underlying structures that support the roof, increasing the probability of a roof collapse
4. When the caulking on the edge of the shingles has come off all the way, and there is a significant amount of water leaking into the underlying layers of the roof. Replacements will be very critical if the moisture has led to the development of mold or mildew.
Getting the opinion of an expert
Before installing a new roof, you will need an expert’s opinion on a number of things. Some of these things include:
1. Whether the old roof must be removed in the case of a re-roofing or you can install a new roof over the old one.
2. The amount of money the roof installation is going to cost you putting into consideration the total area that has to be roofed, and the roofing material you select.
3. The roofing material that will be ideal for you. This will depend on things such as the prevalent climate of where you stay, your choice and what you can afford.
These are just some of the things you should think about before getting a roof installation in Hanover, MD. Visit Dhremodeling.com to learn more about roof installation services.